By Mychal Hunter
I will be releasing these randomly as I find interesting things. A lot of today’s is stuff I found during the returning players countdown. I thought a couple of these were pretty interesting, especially number 10.
- If Kyle Guy received the same shot volume as Trae Young last year and maintained his percentages, he would have averaged more than 25 points per game
- Luke Maye was the only player in the country last year to average more than 15 points, 10 rebounds, 2 assists and shoot better than 40% from deep.
- Tyus Battle played 96.2% of Syracuse’s 1500 game minutes last season.
- Battle, Oshae Brissett and Frank Howard put up the top 3 minutes played seasons in the ACC since 2010-11 last season.
- Jose Alvarado was one of only three freshman in the country to average 12/3/3 and shoot 37% or better from distance. The other two were Shai Gilgeous-Alexander of Kentucky and Teyvion Kirk of Ohio
- Four players averaged better than 8 points, 7 assists, 3 rebounds and 1.5 assists last year. Trae Young, Jordan McGlaughlin, Devonte Graham and Markell Johnson
- Virginia has finished in the top 50 of both offensive and defensive efficiency (according to kenpom) each of the last four seasons.
- Georgia Tech has had one winning season in the ACC since the 1996-97 season.
- Coach K has not won an ACC COTY award in 18 seasons
- It has only been two full seasons since Pitt won 20 games.