Its been an interesting week in the ACC as far as recruiting goes. Big time visits are starting to happen from the 2018 class and even had a 5 star recruit commit after an unofficial visit. There was some list cutting, and the Landers Nolley recruitment has taken a weird turn and has me wondering who is really in the running for his services.
Lets get it…
- Immanuel Quickley: One of the top 2018 point guards, and top 10 recruit, eliminated Maryland this week due a “lack of communication.” That leaves 3 programs vying for his commitment in UK (Likely destination) Miami and KU.
- Jake Forrester has scheduled official visits to two ACC programs. The 6’8, 3 star power forward will visit Pitt on 9/15 and VT on 9/29. Early crystal ball predictions are calling it a VT lean but it’s still early.
- Nassir Little and Mike Devoe were both on official visits to Georgia Tech this weekend. Both prospects first official visit. Little, a top 15 player nationally is the Yellow Jackets #1 target for the 2018 class. Devoe, a top 60 player nationally, is their #1 backcourt target.
- Ayo Dosunmu has scheduled an official visit to Wake on 9/29. The 6’4, high 4 star point guard out of Chicago has also scheduled a visit to USC.
- Kaden Archie, a 4 star SF out of Texas has released his final 8, including UVA. The #102 recruit in the country is considered a Texas lean by 247sports crystal ball.
- Colin Castleton, a 6’10 PF out of Daytona Beach has cut his list to 8 and includes FSU. The 4 star big man has set up official visits with Xavier and Illinois so far.
- Nate Roberts will visit Wake Forest on 9/29-10/1 for his official. The 3 star forward out of Brewster Academy will also visit Syracuse on 9/22.
- Isaiah Mucius has an official visit scheduled to Wake Forest on 9/15. The top 100 forward out of Brewster Academy was on an official visit to Xavier this weekend.
- Moses Brown has scheduled and official visit to Louisville on 9/1-9/3. The 7’0 big man with a 7’4 wingspan and 111″ vertical reach would be a huge (literally and figuratively) get for Pitino and give the Cardinal coach one of, if not the best class of 2018 so far.
- Syracuse hosted 6’9 post player John Michael Mulloy of Carmel IN for an unofficial visit this weekend.
- Top 75 recruit Luther Muhammad was on an official visit to Virginia last weekend. The four star wing will visit Xavier and West Virginia in the coming weeks.
- Darius Day has cut his list to 5. ACC programs Louisville and UNC made the cut along with LSU, Xavier and Ohio State. The 6’7 combo forward will visit the Cardinals on 9/15 and UNC on 10/6.
- Jalen Carey took his first official visit this weekend, visiting Coral Cables. The top 50 point guard will officially visit Syracuse on 9/8.
- Zion Griffin took an official visit to Illinois State this weekend. He will be on Pitts campus for an official on 9/15. Kansas and Iowa State round out the top 60 forwards final 4.
- Syracuse offered top 100 player, Kahlil Whitney. The 6’6 forward also holds offers from Georgia Tech and Wake Forest.
- Class of 2018 forward Khalid Moore out of NYC has set up an official visit to Georgia Tech on 9/22.
- Nassir Little has scheduled his Duke official visit for 11/10.
- Noah Locke took an unofficial visit to UVA this weekend. The 2018 point guard has set up all his official visits however and UVA is not one of them.
- Virginia Tech was interested in San Jose State transfer Brandon Clarke according to Jon Rothstein but the high scoring guard named a final three of Oregon, Wazzou and Gonzaga.
- Virginia Tech and Clemson both made the final 7 for 6’9 post player Amanze Ngumezi out of Georgia. The top 150, 3 star recruit out of Savannah is considered a UGA lean according to 247sports crystal ball.
- Landers Nolley was on an unofficial visit to NC State this weekend.
Speaking of Nolley, this is becoming a heck of a recruitment to keep up with. His AAU program, Team Loaded NC released this tweet on Friday:
Which is nothing strange, UConn and Virginia Tech have long been thought to be the teams to beat, and the talented 6’7 wing is a Georgia native. However, if you look a little more, you will find this tweet:
That makes 6 teams that are getting officials. Nolley actually retweeted this so I would assume it to be true because he is rather outspoken when incorrect things about him on twitter are reported. But, then there is this from about a week earlier:
EDIT: Polacheck has since tweeted that Nolley has cancelled his NC State OV
That makes 7. I am quite sure the Georgetown visit isn’t happening but I am almost positive that Nolley tweeted out that he would visit both Virginia Tech and Georgetown after his most recent bracket announcement. His final 8 is said to be due for release in the next few days. This is going to continue to be interesting.
Wrapping up this weeks roundup, there was a big time commitment in the ACC yesterday as 5 star forward Jaylen Hoard committed to Wake Forest after recently visiting Winston-Salem for an unofficial visit. Hoard is a big time athlete whose best basketball is ahead of him. The 6’8 forward is ranked #25 in the country. Manning is potentially putting together a big time class with Hoard, 3 star commit Sharone Wright Jr and official visits coming up from Ayo Dosunmu, Mike Devoe, Nate Roberts and Isaiah Mucius. Wake has one scholarship remaining for the 2018 class, though that could change if Bryant Crawford decides to declare after his junior season.